Salted Caramel-Pretzel Pub Brownies
YIELD: 24 brownies
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 55 minutes
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped sweet and salty peanuts
Salted Caramel-Pretzel Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
SALTED CARAMEL-PRETZEL PUB BROWNIES
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 3-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth; remove from heat. Stir in remaining brownie ingredients except peanuts. Stir in peanuts.
- Spread batter in ungreased BAKER’S SECRET® ESSENTIALS BISCUIT/BROWNIE PAN. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Stir in milk. Return to boiling; remove from heat. Cool to lukewarm, about 30 minutes.
- Gradually stir in powdered sugar. Place saucepan of frosting in bowl of cold water. Beat with spoon until frosting is smooth and spreadable. If frosting becomes too stiff, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, or heat over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with pretzels; press gently into frosting.