Strawberry Mango Lime Ice Cream Square
YIELD: 9 servings
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 50 minutes
3 cups (1 1/2 pints) vanilla ice cream
2 cups (1 pint) mango sorbet
1 box (10 oz) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
1-1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Reserved strawberry liquid
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Sliced fresh strawberries and additional lime peel or mint, if desired
STRAWBERRY MANGO LIME ICE CREAM SQUARE
- Place ice cream and sorbet in refrigerator to soften. Place thawed strawberries in strainer over 2-cup glass measuring cup to drain; reserve liquid for sauce.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press mixture in bottom of ungreased BAKER’S SECRET® 8″ SQUARE CAKE PAN. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- Scoop 1-1/2 cups ice cream into cooled baked crust; spread evenly over crust. In large bowl, fold drained strawberries into sorbet. Spoon over ice cream; spread evenly. Scoop remaining ice cream over top; spread evenly. Freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in reserved strawberry liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture becomes clear and thickened. Stir in lime peel and lime juice. Cool at room temperature at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut dessert into squares; serve with sauce. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lime peel or mint. Cover and store remaining dessert in freezer and sauce in refrigerator.