Strawberry Banana Bread Muffins
YIELD: 12 muffins
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 1 cup granulated sugar 2 eggs 1/3 cup buttermilk 2 ripe bananas, mashed 1 teaspoon vanilla 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries STREUSEL TOPPING 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats 2 tablespoons flour 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 PYREX® 6 OZ RIMMED CUSTARD CUPS with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and the granulated sugar with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, buttermilk, bananas and vanilla until blended.
- In separate bowl, mix 1-3/4 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries.
- Divide batter between custard cups.
- In small bowl, mix oats, 2 tablespoons flour and the brown sugar. Stir in 3 tablespoons butter until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.