2 cups elbow macaroni
1 cup breadcrumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 tbsp. white truffle oil
¼ cup butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. thyme
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. white pepper
2 cups half-and-half
1 egg, beaten
1 cup cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
½ cup Gruyère cheese, grated
½ cup truffle cheese, grated
EASY TRUFFLE MAC ‘N CHEESE CUPCAKES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a BAKER’S SECRET® SIGNATURE 24-CUP MINI MUFFIN PAN with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and white truffle oil. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook macaroni for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Remove from the heat, and drain.
- Into another pot add butter, and flour, whisking to make a paste. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture just starts to toast. Add thyme, cayenne pepper, white pepper, and half-and-half. Continue to heat until the half-and-half comes to a simmer and starts to thicken. Add in egg, cremini mushrooms, and cheese. Keep mixing until the cheese is melted, then add the macaroni back into the pot.
- Spoon mac ‘n cheese into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is browned. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan. Serve immediately.