1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 lb cooked ham, cut into small cubes
1-1/2 cups half-and-half
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BAKE
- Spray BAKER’S SECRET® ROUND CAKE PAN 8″ with cooking spray; arrange bread cubes in pan.
- In large skillet, saute onion in butter until lightly caramelized. When onion begins to brown, add ham; cook and stir until ham begins to crisp. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, mustard, chives, salt and pepper.
- Spread onion-ham mixture over bread cubes. Sprinkle with cheese. Pour egg mixture over top; press down gently so all bread cubes are soaked with egg mixture. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover pan; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.