Shamrock Shake Cake
YIELD: 12 servings
PREP TIME: 35 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
1 box (15-16oz) white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
1 teaspoon clear vanilla
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green paste food color
Frosted toasted oat cereal with marshmallows
1 container whipped fluffy white frosting
Whipped cream from an aerosol can
Rainbow-striped sweetly sour belt candy
SHAMROCK SHAKE CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a BAKER’S SECRET®SIGNATURE™ 9”x13” OBLONG CAKE PAN with shortening and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and egg whites. Stir in vanilla and peppermint extract. Add food color to achieve desired shade.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake as directed. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- With a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 4 hearts. Using remaining cake, cut a curved stem shape with a paring knife.
- On a cake platter, arrange hearts with points facing inward toward each other to form a shamrock shape. Add stem. Using a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter, gently press partway into the center of each larger cake heart. Carefully remove smaller heart cutout, leaving at least 1/2 inch of cake under the cutout. Fill each cutout with cereal. Carefully slice a thin layer off the small heart-shaped cutout pieces and replace, creating a cover over the cereal.
- Tint frosting with green food color to desired shade. Frost cake, covering over topped cereal pockets. Just before serving, decorate top of cake as desired with whipped cream “clouds” and rainbow candy.
TIP: Remaining cake can be frozen or made into cake pops.