Shamrock Shake Cake
No need to catch a leprechaun this year to find your treasure. This St. Patrick’s Day might be your luckiest one ever—you get to have your cake and dig into a “pot of gold,” too!
SHAMROCK SHAKE CAKE
Hide a little extra treasure in a whimsical clover-shaped cake. Both sweet and cool, this magically minty delight will have everyone thanking their lucky stars. GET THE RECIPE
SHARE THE LUCK IN 5 EASY STEPS
- Swirl the refreshing mint flavor of the popular seasonal shake into cake batter (from a box mix to make it super simple!), then bake in a BAKER’S SECRET®SIGNATURE™ 9”x13” OBLONG CAKE PAN.
- When cooled, cut into heart-shaped “leaves” and position cake pieces in the shape of a lucky shamrock. A nonstick BAKER’S SECRET® SIGNATURE™ LARGE COOKIE SHEET makes a great work surface and serving platter!
- Hide bits of edible treasure by cutting out pockets in each “leaf” and filling with a ready-made marshmallow-and-cereal mix.
- Cover each pocket with a thin slice of cake from the piece you cut out to make the pockets.
- Frost and decorate the top of the cake with clouds and a rainbow, and then sprinkle even more treasure at the end of your rainbow. More cereal, candies, gold-covered coins—the flavor of your good fortune is up to you!
And when you’re done, don’t turn your back on this cake! Mischievous ones big and small will employ every sneaky trick in the book to make it magically disappear.
MORE IMPISH IDEAS
CREATE A PERSONAL TREASURE HUNT: Divide and share the wealth with a little something for everyone. Make your favorite flavor of cupcakes or muffins in a BAKER’S SECRET® SIGNATURE™ 12-CUP MUFFIN PAN. When cooled, scoop out a hole in the center of each cupcake or muffin with a spoon (leaving a 1/2-inch border of cake or muffin on the sides and bottom). Fill with cereal or small candies. Frost tops to cover holes and decorate as desired.
PLAY SHAMROCK-IN-THE-MIDDLE: Bake a batch of green-tinted cupcakes with lightly crunchy shamrock-shaped centers.
- Using a 1-inch four-leaf clover-shaped cookie cutter, make small shamrock-shaped sugar cookies from sugar cookie dough rolled 1/4 inch thick. Bake as directed on package; cool completely. (You’ll need 92 cookies.)
- Prepare a cake mix as directed on box, adding green food color to create desired shade.
- Place paper baking cups in two BAKER’S SECRET® SIGNATURE™ 12-CUP MUFFIN PANS. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into each cup. Stand 3 cookies in a row in the center of each cup. Top cookies with another tablespoon of batter, being careful not to tip over cookies.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, then frost and decorate tops of cupcakes as desired.
Sweet and easy, these fun treats will enchant Irish (and even the Irish-for-the-day!) folks of all sizes.
YOUR TURN: How do you celebrate luck, love and happiness on March 17?