3 Brilliant Party Ideas for People Who J’adore Paris
A LITTLE PRACTICE.Crêpe making isn’t hard, but the first few times can be a bit tricky. Test your recipe and technique ahead of time so guests don’t have to witness the learning curve. If you become a master quickly, you can freeze cooked crêpes (stored in an airtight container with layers of waxed paper between) for up to 2 months.
CREATIVE COMBOS.The fun of crêpes is the versatility! Encourage your guest to try new combinations, such as mixing something savory with a little sweet. But let your guests know it’s okay if they need to start over.
LEVEL UP.Prop food stands or boxes beneath your tablecloth to create varied heights on your serving table. It makes the arrangement more appealing to the eye and helps organize all the topping options.
Bonjour, spring! Celebrate the arrival of warmer weather and add a kiss of magnifique with a crêpe bar! The tasty, super-thin pancake makes for perfect party fare. They’re simple to make, so you can prep everything in advance, then let guests create their own crêpe, making for a true crowd-pleaser.
All you need to get started is our favorite basic crêpe recipe, a blender and skillet. In no time, you’ll have mastered flipping the perfect crêpe and it’ll be time to set the stage for your party. Add the perfect flair to your festivities with any one of these three theme ideas, each inspired from the original home of the crêpe—Paris!
GET THE RECIPE
SPRINGTIME IN PARIS
You can’t think of springtime without Paris coming to mind! A garden brunch makes ideal inspiration for this classy theme.
- The Invite: Get guests excited for your garden gathering by sending seed packet invitations.
- The Spread: Keep the toppings fun and fresh! Head to the farmers market to get the best of the season’s produce. Offer yogurts, local jams, sweet and savory sauces and nuts. Use a chalkboard sign to list a few combinations to get guests’ creative juices flowing.
- Décor: Use fresh flowers and greenery in the centerpiece and around the table. Keep the décor and color palette light, reflecting the freshness of the season by using the CORELLE® LIVINGWARE™ MOSAIC RED 16-PC DINNERWARE SET, COBALT. The crisp whites and pastels of this set allow your greenery to pop.
ODE TO ART
Grab a few girlfriends and celebrate the Paris art scene by hosting an evening of wine, painting and crêpes.
- The Invite: Paint the evening’s details on a small canvas and deliver to your group of besties.
- The Spread: Keep the artsy theme by serving crêpes on the CORELLE® BOUTIQUE™ BRUSHED 16-PC DINNERWARE SET, COBALT. For fillings, offer a variety of savory selections such as fresh grilled meat, artisan cheeses, fresh herbs, flavored olive oils and homemade pesto or marinara.
- Décor: Set the creative mood by setting up an “art gallery” with prints of famous works from Parisian artists. Lay butcher paper on tabletops instead of tablecloths. Set out brushes and canvasses and invite everyone to paint their own masterpieces, which can be toted home as a party favor.
Re-create a lazy afternoon in France by hosting a coffee and dessert crêpe bar. Turn your home into a streetside bistro, setting out tiny round tables and piping mellow jazz into the room.
- The Invite: Let guests know they’ll be transported to an international affair by sending passport invitations. Make sure everyone knows dessert is the only thing on the menu!
- The Spread: The possibilities are endless, but a few dessert crêpe favorites are nut
butters, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar, marshmallows, fresh berries, flavored liqueurs and sprinkles. Pair with a coffee service and signature dessert cocktail, if you’d like.
- Décor: Over the bar, hang a classic red cafe awning and pair the crêpes with the CORELLE® LIVINGWARE™ CRIMSON TRELLIS 16-PC SET for the perfect touch of cafe sophistication. For entertainment, hang a photo backdrop and offer props such as berets, stick-on mustaches and scarves so everyone can capture memories of the evening.
Treat everyone you amore to a delicious day with any one of these party ideas. The City of Lights has so much to celebrate. Let it inspire a gorgeous soiree that’ll have everyone saying “Oui! Oui!”