40 thin chocolate wafer cookies (from 9-oz package), crushed (about 2-1/2 cups)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 bar (8 oz) dark baking chocolate, melted, cooled
1/2 cup 100% pomegranate juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 bag (12 oz) frozen raspberries
DARK CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE WITH POMEGRANATE-RASPBERRY SAUCE
- Heat oven to 325°F. Wrap outside bottom and side of BAKER’S SECRET® 10″ SPRINGFORM CAKE PAN with foil to prevent leaking. Lightly spray inside bottom and side of pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients with fork until crumbly. Press mixture in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan. Bake 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on cooling rack.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup granulated sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in flour. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Beat in melted chocolate. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes. Run small metal spatula around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat juices, brown sugar and 1/4 cup granulated sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Stir in raspberries. Pour into bowl; refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Just before serving, run small metal spatula around edge of springform pan; carefully remove foil and side of pan. Let cheesecake stand at room temperature 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with Pomegranate-Raspberry Sauce. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.