Make Magic Happen with These Brilliant Movie Night Party Ideas
Lights, camera, let’s party! Grab your favorite flick, gather family and friends around a glowing TV and host a Magical Movie night. These ideas—from invites to swag bags—will have your guests enjoying a memorable night in front of the big screen.
GET THE WORD OUT
As the saying goes, first impressions are everything. Get the audience (be it just two or 20) excited for the event with an invitation that offers a preview of the feature film. Here’s how:
- Invite Right. If your party is centered on a specific theme or movie, and you want guests to come in costume or bring a specific detail to the “set,” be sure to include details clearly on the invite.
- Keep It Simple. An invitation printed with vintage script in black ink on quality white or ivory paper card stock might not be showy, but it sings of sophistication for adult events. If it’s focused on the kids, use bright colors, bold graphics and plenty of sparkle (sequins and glitter to the max)!
- Special Delivery. If you’re only inviting a handful of guests, create a buzz by hand-delivering a box packed with goodies—the invitation in a sealed envelope, a handmade VIP pass and some concession snacks!
The date is set. The invites are out. Now it’s time to set the stage. Follow these easy ideas and your party will look like a blockbuster, not a B movie, in no time.
- Think Iconic. Red carpets, walk-of-fame stars with guest names, and dress-up clothes and silly props will create an activity smartphone paparazzi can’t get enough of.
- Get the Look. Serve in style with coordinated platters and plates. Art deco designs or contemporary patterns, such as the CORELLE® BOUTIQUE™ BRUSHED 16-PC. DINNERWARE SET, match just about any movie theme.
- Try Seeing Red. Visit your local party store for a red carpet runner, or set out a smaller version by using a red table runner instead. Red twisted cord trim, available at most fabric stores, makes great napkin ties that mimic those red-velvet ropes.
- Party It Up. Helium balloons offer a lot of bang for your buck. Make sure to get enough if kids are involved so each can take one home.
- Repurpose Holiday Décor. Hang strands of clear globe string lights to mimic a marquee.
- Add Props. Arrange spools of “admit one” tickets around your party table and place utensils in popcorn boxes or buckets (available at party stores).
Every foodie knows that your shindig is only as good as your spread. To make this one memorable and award-winning:
- Keep Serving Simple. Finger foods and party punch are perfect for both kids and adults. Stick with tiny tea sandwiches, meatballs, a cheese platter and other crowd-pleasers. The CORELLE® WINTER FROST WHITE 8.5″ DIVIDED PLATE will keep munchies separate and it is break-resistant too.
- Making of a Perfect Menu. If you’re serving dinner, create a menu that ties into the feature of the night. Go with global fare if appropriate, or regional faves. I’ll look award-worthy served on the CORELLE® LIVINGWARE™ CITY BLOCK 18-PC DINNERWARE SET.
- Pop-Up Popcorn Bar. Kids and adults can’t resist creating new flavor combos. Provide a few flavors—cheese, caramel and butter—and set out small bowls of mix-ins like gummy bears, chocolate candies, pretzels, nuts and dried fruit.
Feeling inspired? Time to put these tips into action! With so many great ways to celebrate movie night, it’s guaranteed to be a fun, starry night!
- Host an At-Home Awards Ceremony. Hand out prizes for “best dressed,” “first to arrive,” “biggest movie buff” and more.
- Perfect Party Favors. Send your guests home with a swag bag of small trinkets, accessories or toys that match your movie theme.
- Inspired Tunes. Make a playlist of popular movie soundtracks to play in the background before the main event starts.