Deep-Dish Blueberry Pie
- Use store-bought pie crust for a quick treat.
- Fresh or frozen blueberries work equally well in this recipe.
- Bake a day ahead for best results when serving.
What could be more perfect for the Fourth of July than a star-studded blueberry pie? Whether you’re headed to a picnic with a crowd of people or hosting in your own backyard, this is the dessert to bring.
Bright, fresh blueberries bake into a plum-colored pie filling in a colorful ceramic casserole. Store-bought crust makes quick work of this home-baked pie. Simply line the dish, add the filling and finish it off with a festive starry topping. Once it’s baked and cooled, slice into squares, then serve with whipped topping or ice cream, if you please. Or leave the pieces bare and enjoy the sweet simplicity of this beautiful dessert.
DEEP-DISH BLUEBERRY PIE
- EASY TOUCH. Work quickly when prepping pie crust! Try not to handle the dough too much or it will make the finished crust tough.
- GO HOMEMADE. Make pie crust from scratch. Double your favorite family recipe, press into the baker and continue as directed.
- COLOR POP. For a festive twist, swap your favorite summer berries into this recipe pound for pound, then bake in the CW BY CORNINGWARE™ TRUFFLE 3-QT BAKER for an equally gorgeous show-stopper.
YOUR TURN: Finish this sentence: Summer isn’t the same without ___?