Here Is Your Spring Entertaining Cheat Sheet
PARTY PLANNER.Before you throw any party, buy a notebook in which you can record everything needed. From the shopping list to the guest lists, having one place to track everything for your upcoming event will help you stay extra organized.
RSVP REQUIRED.Use an online invitation service to invite guests. That way, you can easily track the number of people who are planning to come, and purchase food and supplies accordingly.
CLEAN UP TOGETHER.Don’t be the hostess with the mostess! Instead of doing everything yourself, turn the last half hour of your party into an interactive tidy-up, inviting guests into the kitchen for a bit of relaxing chat time while doing dishes together. They’ll leave you a clean kitchen and will likewise be glad they could contribute!
With a number of celebrations budding on the calendar, spring is the perfect time to let your inner hostess bloom! Whether you’re hosting an Easter brunch or evening soiree, springtime offers the perfect inspiration from what to serve to the décor itself.
Set the date, send out the invites. It’s time to start planning! Spring for buffet-friendly fare that can be prepped ahead and offers plenty of options to satisfy a group. Not only will you reduce stress, but you’ll also encourage guests to get mobile and mingle with one another. A win-win! For extra-easy party prep, use one of our inspired menus served in your favorite CorningWare® bakeware pieces. Party perfect because they go from refrigerator to oven to table, making entertaining easier than ever.
Here are a few ideas to put a little “spring” in your party.
MORNING MENU: DON’T-SWEAT-IT BRUNCH
For a make-ahead menu that will let you enjoy the festivities as much as your guests, serve these recipe favorites.
- Spicy Bacon-Asparagus Strata comes together in minutes, but tastes likes something you’d order from your favorite breakfast spot.
- Brown Sugar Bagel Overnight French Toast. A fun and tasty twist on a classic breakfast comfort food that is guaranteed to be a hit with your guests.
- Mixed Berry-Chocolate Crisp Cups. Muffins are a brunch must-have. They make a great option for those who don’t want a full meal. They can also be made a week or two in advance and then stored in the freezer. Take them out the night before and they will be ready in the morning.
- Greek Yogurt Caramelized Onion Dip. Serve alongside garden-fresh carrots, asparagus and radishes.
LUNCH OR DINNER OPTIONS: STRESS-FREE SOIREE MENU
Dishing up afternoon or evening dining? These easy eats will have everyone diving into a menu that’s so simple to prep, it makes hosting a breeze!
- Roasted Red Pepper and Kale Artichoke Dip. A more vibrant version of its spinach and artichoke relative, kale stars in this colorful dip that’s perfect for pita or veggie chips.
- Arugula-Prosciutto Breadsticks. This oh-so-pretty finger food comes together quickly and disappears quickly as well!
- Caprese Roll-Ups are an equally attractive and delicious party plate. Refrigerate, slice the roll-ups and then plate the tasty little nibbles for everyone to enjoy.
- Baked Tomato-Zucchini Blossoms – The fresh flavors are the perfect complement to any spring spread. Chop and assemble the vegetables the evening before and then drizzle the dressing over the prepped blossoms before baking.
- Blueberry-Pear Cobbler. After your savory spread, satisfy your guests’ sweet tooth with this simply delicious dessert. Bake the cobbler in advance in your CW BY CORNINGWARE™ 2.5 QUART BAKER WITH LID MIDNIGHT BLUE and top with the lid to keep warm until serving.
DRINK IT ALL IN
Setting up a DIY drink station is a great way to get your guests involved and let you enjoy your party without having to worry about keeping glasses full.
- Serve Up Spa Water. The options don’t have to be boozy! A variety of fruit-infused water is a pretty and tasty option.
- Prepare the Sipper. If you do offer a cocktail, pick just one party punch. Mixing champagne with fresh fruit juice is an easy way to make delicious drinks without breaking the bank.
DISH THE DETAILS
Decorating for your bash should be a delight, not a duty. Skip the pricey paper products and one-time-use décor for a few tricks to get a spring-inspired feel!
- Mix and Match. Pick a color scheme for your party that pairs a neutral tone with a pop of color for a fresh, inviting atmosphere. For a works-every-time combo, pair pieces from the CORNINGWARE® FRENCH WHITE® COLLECTION with a few from the colorful CW BY CORNINGWARE™ COLLECTION for a vibrant and festive tablescape.
- Upcycle, Vintage Style. Use unexpected vessels like mason jars, garden pots or teacups to showcase fresh flowers or decorative produce or to hold silverware. Unique combinations are instantly interesting and are great conversation pieces as well.
- Decorate the Ceiling. Hang a coordinating fabric banner or pendant in the entry or over the buffet for a touch of flair. After the party, the banners are adorable hung over a bed or against a photo wall.
Celebrate spring with a sweet celebration! These easy ideas for seasonal entertaining will brighten up any weekend affair. Just add friends!