Roasted Bell Pepper and Turkey Lasagna
YIELD: 8 servings
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 45 minutes
2 red bell peppers
1 lb ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
4 cups marinara sauce
2 cups cottage cheese
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 package (16 oz) no-boil lasagna noodles
2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
ROASTED BELL PEPPER AND TURKEY LASAGNA
- Roast bell peppers under broiler or over an open flame until skin is blistered and charred on all sides. Place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 15 minutes. Peel peppers; cut in half. Remove and discard seeds. Dice peppers; set aside.
- In large skillet, cook turkey over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add onion and mushrooms; cook until onion is tender. Stir in marinara sauce and diced roasted peppers; heat through.
- In medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese, ricotta, Parmesan and eggs.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in a CORNINGWARE® FRENCH WHITE® 3 QUART OBLONG CASSEROLE. Layer with one-third of the uncooked noodles, one-third of the cheese mixture, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and one-third of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. If not baking immediately, cover pan with lid or foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cover pan with foil; bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly around edges and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.