Gifts in a Pyrex® Dish: Cooking Up Great Holiday Presents
As the holiday season approaches, the task of finding the perfect gift can feel daunting. Many people seem impossible to shop for, so why not make something creative and thoughtful this year?
Rather than hitting the mall just to check one more gift off the list, use your kitchen talents to make someone’s holiday deliciously unforgettable. Why not give a meal or baked good, carefully prepared with a dash of love, for family or friends far away, someone too busy to cook for themselves, or the person who loves one of your signature recipes?
And, it will definitely stand out from the stack of gift cards and returns!
BAKE IT, FILL IT, PACK IT
Here are three easy options for creating flavorful, kitchen-friendly gifts:
1) Bake something delicious. In a new PYREX® EASY GRAB™ 1-1/2-QT LOAF DISH, bake up something that will make someone smile. Banana bread can’t miss the mark. Need inspiration? Here’s a great recipe for Zucchini Banana Bread in the photo above. Include a printout of the recipe so the recipient can re-create it in the pan you gifted, and tuck a spoon or spatula into the bow for an added touch to the present.
2) Pack all the ingredients. Pick a favorite recipe, gather key (nonperishable) ingredients and then tuck them into a basket with a Pyrex® 4-cup measuring cup, spices and a pretty hand towel. Now that makes a thoughtful impression.
3) Restock the kitchen. Similarly, for the active cook on your gift list, fill a set of Pyrex® Sculpted Mixing Bowls with linen dish towels, a dish scrubber, whisk or spatula—you can never have enough high-quality towels!
WRAP IT ALL UP
Now that you’ve assembled your ingredients, recipe and gadgets, it’s time to take the gift to the next level. To make sure that your gift is as convenient and helpful as possible, try adding:
• A collection of more favorite recipes to bake in the pan you’ve gifted
• A gift certificate for your favorite bakery or specialty grocer
• A ribbon, bow and maybe some cellophane to wrap it all up
Best of all, no paper wrapping needed. Just add love, and you have the perfect gift from you and your kitchen…one size fits all, guaranteed!
YOUR TURN: What is the best or most unique kitchen-related gift you’ve given or received?