1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage or Italian sausage links
2 bags (1 lb each) frozen pizza dough, thawed
1 jar (14 or 15 oz) pizza sauce
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (1 lb)
4 oz sliced pepperoni
DEEP-DISH PIZZA CASSEROLE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a PYREX® EASY GRAB® 3-QT OBLONG BAKING DISH w/RED LID with oil.
- In an 8- or 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until fully cooked. (If using links, remove casings first and crumble while cooking.) Set aside to cool.
- Dust work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out one portion of dough into a 16×12-inch rectangle. Place in baking dish, with dough coming up over sides of dish.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce over dough; sprinkle with 2 cups of the cheese. Spoon sausage evenly over cheese.
- Cut second portion of dough in half; roll one half into a 14×10-inch rectangle. (Save remaining dough for another use.) Drape dough over toppings. Roll up edges of bottom layer of dough with top layer of dough to create crust.
- Spread remaining pizza sauce over top crust; sprinkle with remaining 2 cups cheese. Arrange pepperoni over cheese.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.