2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate (semisweet, dark, milk or baking chocolate, as desired)
6 extra-large eggs
¾ cup sugar
½ cup stout beer
1¼ cups butter, softened
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKE
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray a PYREX® EASY GRAB® GLASS PIE PLATE or 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water (or in the microwave), melt chocolate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until the eggs have tripled in volume.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the stout to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in the melted chocolate; gradually beat into egg mixture. Add butter; beat just until combined. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack. Serve at room temperature.