Mummy Oreo Pops
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
YIELD: 12 pops
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME:45 minutes
12 lollipop sticks
12 Oreo cookies
12 oz white candy melts
24 candy eyes
MUMMY OREO POPS
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Carefully insert a lollipop stick into the cream center of each cookie; place on cookie sheet.
- Fill a PYREX® 2 CUP MEASURING CUP with about two-thirds of the candy melts. Microwave on High for 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each, until candy is fully melted.
- Using the lollipop sticks as handles, dip each cookie into melted candy to completely coat. Return to cookie sheet.
- Place remaining unmelted candy melts in a disposable decorating bag or small resealable freezer plastic bag.
- Fill a clean PYREX® 2 CUP MEASURING CUP with 1 cup of water. Microwave on High for 1-2 minutes or until water is steaming. Remove from microwave. Carefully submerge the bag of candy melts in the hot water, making sure the water level reaches the top of the candy, but ensuring water does not get inside and touches the candy. Allow to sit in hot water for 60 seconds.
- Dry off the bag. Knead melted candy into the narrow portion of the decorating bag (or one corner of the plastic bag). Twist the open end of the decorating bag (or seal the plastic bag). Cut a small tip off the decorating bag (or cut one corner off the plastic bag).
- Squeeze a small dab of melted candy onto the back of each candy eye; press eyes in place on cookie pops.
- Drizzle remaining melted candy in random horizontal lines over cookies. Refrigerate until set.