Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
YIELD: 8 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 10 minutes
2 to 3 cups cooked, canned or frozen green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup leftover gravy
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups cooked sweet potatoes or sweet potato casserole
2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 lb leftover turkey, cut into cubes
1/2 cup cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 sheet puff pastry (from 17.3-oz package), thawed
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS POT PIE
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spread green beans in a single layer in a PYREX® EASY GRAB 2-QT BAKING DISH.
- In a small bowl, mix gravy and soup. Add a little water or milk, if necessary, to make it a consistency that will spread easily. Pour over beans. Layer with sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, turkey and cranberry sauce.
- In another small bowl, beat egg and water. Brush some of the egg mixture on edges of baking dish.
- Cover filling with puff pastry, pressing pastry gently on edges of dish. Crimp with tines of fork, if desired. Cut a few small holes in top of pastry to vent. Brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool 15 minutes before slicing.