Zucchini, Corn and Portabella Pie
YIELD: 8 servings
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
1/2 cup cold butter
1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 package (8 oz) fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
ZUCCHINI, CORN AND PORTABELLA PIE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a Pyrex® Easy Grab® 9.5″ Pie Plate with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, place baking mix. Cut in 6 tablespoons of the butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms. With fingers dipped in baking mix, press dough in bottom and up side of pie plate, forming edge on rim of plate. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over bottom of crust.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic powder, thyme, seasoned salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are softened and liquid from mushrooms has evaporated. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Spoon mixture over cheese in pie plate.
- Spray same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, just until tender; stir in corn. Spoon over mushroom mixture.
- In medium bowl, beat half-and-half, salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the eggs with whisk. Pour over vegetables. In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the bread crumbs; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.