6 DIY 100-Calorie Snack Packs
It’s happened to all of us. New Year’s resolutions are made, healthy goals set…then midday munchies strike. Our on-the-go lifestyles can make it hard to find satisfying snacks that are fast, convenient and healthy while on the road or at the office. So to help you succeed and stay satisfied, we’ve rounded up 6 portable, 100-calorie, prep-ahead snacks that you can eat anywhere.
If you have 5 minutes and a few favorite Snapware® reusable containers, you’ve got everything you need to pull together truly tasty snacks that will do your body good. Every one of them rings in at 100 calories or less! No packaged bars, no processed ingredients. Just pure, wholesome and homemade eats that your taste buds will love. Here’s how to make 6 simple, satisfying, 100-calorie snacks:
NUTTY BUTTER APPLE SANDWICH
Put two great flavors together by stuffing apple rings with protein-rich nut butter for a crunchy classic that is ready to enjoy anywhere. Peanut butter, almond butter and even cashew butter taste great in this combo.
- WHAT YOU NEED: The SNAPWARE® TOTAL SOLUTIONS™ PYREX® GLASS FOOD STORAGE 6-PC ROUND SET is the perfect shape and size for these easy snackables.
- WHAT TO PACK: Grab an apple, slice it crosswise, then core the center with a knife or melon baller. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of nut butter on one apple round and top with the other.
Everyone’s favorite Italian salad becomes a super portable skewer. The fresh tomato and creamy mozzarella are perfectly portioned and ready to enjoy anywhere hunger strikes. Added bonus: These skewers are pretty enough to serve at a party, too. A great way to get your healthy on, even during the hungriest moments of the day.
- WHAT YOU NEED: SNAPWARE® TOTAL SOLUTIONS™ PYREX® GLASS FOOD STORAGE 2 CUP, RECTANGLE.
- WHAT TO PACK: Grab 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon basil chiffonade (fresh basil cut into ribbons) and 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, cubed. To prep: Thread 1 cherry tomato on the toothpick; add a ribbon of basil, then finish with a cheese cube. Season with salt, pepper and a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Pack and enjoy!
A simple trick to healthy snack packing is to add your favorite hummus to a Snapware container, then add a stack of vertical veggie sticks. More than convenient, this snack looks gorgeous, making it feel like a true treat whenever you need a little nosh.
- WHAT YOU NEED: Just the right size for one serving, pack your dippers in the SNAPWARE® 1.21 CUP TOTAL SOLUTION™ FOOD STORAGE W/ LID, ROUND.
- WHAT TO PACK: Spoon 2 tablespoons of hummus in the bottom of container. Top with 1 cup of carrot or celery sticks placed vertically.
TUNA AND CUCUMBER BITES
Transform tuna salad into a healthy snack option by skipping calorie-rich mayo and mixing in a spoonful of Greek yogurt. Crisp cucumber slices are the perfect way to scoop and serve when you need a quick bite.
- WHAT YOU NEED: The SNAPWARE® TOTAL SOLUTIONS™ PYREX® GLASS FOOD STORAGE 4-PC RECTANGULAR SET is perfect for this two-part snack. Keep your cukes fresh and crispy in one container, while the yogurt dip stays cool and creamy in the other.
- WHAT TO PACK: Mix 1 tablespoon of plain fat-free Greek yogurt into 1/4 cup of canned tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Slice a medium cucumber (peeled if desired). Pack and enjoy!
BERRIES AND GREEK
Sweet berries and tangy Greek yogurt pair perfectly for an afternoon nosh! The thick and creamy yogurt will feel indulgent without the guilt.
- WHAT YOU NEED: Use the 1.2-cup round containers in our SNAPWARE® TOTAL SOLUTION™ ON THE GO 6-PC PLASTIC VALUE PACK. They’re the perfect size for a one-serving snack. Or, double up and bring enough for sharing. This value pack comes with 2-cup Snapware® rounds as well, so you can easily customize your snack packing.
- WHAT TO PACK: Pack 1/2 cup Greek yogurt on one side, 1/2 cup sliced straberries on the other. Serve and enjoy!
Ham, honey mustard and crunchy romaine pair to create a crisp and salty favorite. They’re easy to prep and really hit the spot at snack time.
- WHAT YOU NEED: The SNAPWARE® TOTAL SOLUTIONS™ PYREX® GLASS FOOD STORAGE 2 CUP, RECTANGLE is an ideal way to keep this simple snack fresh until you’re ready to nosh.
- WHAT TO PACK: 3 slices of deli ham, 1 teaspoon of honey mustard and 3 romaine lettuce leaves. To prep, spread a thin layer of honey mustard on a slice of deli ham. Place ham slice on a lettuce leaf and roll up. Repeat. Pack and enjoy!
MORE SNACK SAVERS
For mornings where you don’t have the extra minutes to prep a snack pack, reach for one of these quick, grab-and-go options. Every one of them is 100-calorie approved. So you can add them to your favorite SNAPWARE® TOTAL SOLUTIONS™ CONTAINERS, knowing you won’t be breaking the calorie bank!
- 19 mini pretzels
- 2 sticks low-fat string cheese
- 1 medium banana
- 1 handful of nuts
- 3 squares of dark or milk chocolate or 5 chocolate kisses
- Even More Ideas! Now that you’ve got Snapware® snack containers in your kitchen, fill them with these Easy Pack Snacks: 5 Healthy, Go-Anywhere Options.
- Healthy Cooking Tips. Discover delicious ways to eat better this year with these great tips on New Year, Smarter Cooking Habits.
- Packing Snacks for Tots? Try these Awesome Snacks Kids Can Make Themselves.