Deep-Dish Blueberry Pie
YIELD: 12 servings
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours
2 packages (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
12 cups fresh or frozen (do not thaw) blueberries
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sparkling sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Remove 2 pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts on top of each other. Roll to 16×12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased CORNINGWARE® 3-QT BAKER pressing into corners. Fold extra crust even with edges of dish. Crimp edges.
- In large bowl, gently mix blueberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Pour into crust. Sprinkle butter pieces evenly over filling
- Unroll remaining pie crusts; use large and small star-shaped cookie cutters to cut into stars.
- Arrange star cutouts over filling, overlapping edges. Make sure some of the stars’ points reach the top edge of the bottom crust.
- Brush top crust with milk; sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Place baking dish on cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes longer, until crust is golden and juices are bubbly. Cool completely before serving.